Call of Duty: Black Ops II is a first-person shooter (FPS) developed by Treyarch and published by Activision. It is the ninth game in the Call of Duty franchise and a sequel to the 2010 game Call of Duty: Black Ops.
The single-player campaign features two connected storylines, one set in the 1970s through 1980s and the other in 2025. The protagonist of Black Ops, Alex Mason returns as the protagonist in the Cold War section, where he will be fighting in proxy wars for the United States in the Cold War. The 2025 section of the game features Alex Mason's son David as a protagonist. It shows a story where a new cold war has broken out between China and the United States.
Call of Duty: Black Ops II gameplay is an intense, but hardly thoughtless journey across two distinct periods, jumping from the Cold War to a futuristic setting of 2025. Follow the story of one unlucky soldier family in this spectacular first-person shooter from Treyarch.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 features
- Complex narrative - visit both the late 1980s and 2025 as a Alex Mason and his son Alex. Make choices along the way defining how the story concludes
- Less linear maps - you don't have to press forward all the time. The game invites and rewards exploration
- Revamped classes - create your own loadout out of a broad selection of weapons, grenades, perks... pick your favorite ten and dominate the battle
- Rebalanced multiplaye4r - familiar Killstreaks are replaced by Scorestreaks. Now even supports have a chance to unleash hell on the other team
- Strike Force missions - take a break from intense shooter and run mop-up operations in a strategic view. Succeed or fail, the outcome will not remain without consequences